Description: Fishing & Hunting Club with 21 members
History: The Gottscheer Rod and Gun Club was founded in 1948 by Joseph Sterbenz, who was also
the manager of Gottscheer Hall at that time. The first Dinner Dance was held at Gottscheer Hall in February of
1948. On the menu was bear meat which was supplied by Victor Schauer. The club purchased property in Kripplebush
in 1961 the property was sold in 1987. Our new hunting camp was purchased in 1989 and is located in Herkimer County
which is located in the foothills of the Adirondacks. We continue to hold our Annual Dinner Dance on the Third Saturday
in January, and the venison is supplied by our members.
ROD AND GUN CLUB
GOTTSCHEER HALL, Ridgewood, NY
For information, call Gottscheer Hall (718) 366-3030.
Rod & Gun Dinner Dance 2000
Morscher Sr. - President Joe Morscher Jr. - Vice Pres. Arthur Betsch - Secretary Walter Kotnik